Are you and your organisation prepared for remote working?
Companies are now urging their employees to WFH, but it takes lots of preparation to adopt this style. Here are our top tips to keep you firing away remotely as if you’re not working remote .
1) Set up a dedicated office space – Stay free from distractions.
2) Have a timer set for regular break. Mini stretches or even a walk around the room.
3) Get dressed and stay dressed – prepare for online meetings as if it’s an in-person meeting.
4) Alternate between sitting and standing – don’t have a standing desk? Use some books.
5) Update your status frequently – Communication is key for your colleagues.
For Your Business:
1) Use technology tools where your employees can chat, share files and access company apps from their preferred devices.
2) Set expectations and guidelines to maintain WFH standards.
3) Have plans around network access for employees– Consider network reimbursement plan.
4) Don’t forget security! – Use identity access, cyber-awareness training, backups and recovery + more.
I encourage my people to work anywhere and anytime! Share these tips with your clients, staff, friends and families.